Monday, September 27, 2010

This Is For You Girls Out There


I woke up this morning feeling weird . I woke up at 8 when my class is actually at 12 (now that is weird too) but Miera told me that the class was being cancelled and I should probably go back to sleep because I didn't get the chance to sleep during the 11 hours journey but nah , here I am , blogging instead of sleeping .

Lots of girls tell me they want to be models , and I'm not surprised . On the surface , it looks like a pretty fabulous job .
Cameras clicking , lights all over , the flashes which makes you feel like a superstar .
But if you think that being a model will make you feel better about yourself , you are in for a huge disappointment . The modeling world is the last place I would recommend for a girl with insecurities . There is so much rejection and you're constantly judged on your appearance .


My boyfriend asked me , what are my high heels for & I said it is for work . Thats when I realized that I am not being me at work . If it is the real me , I would go for jeans-tees-slippers & thats it but who would be impressed by just tees ? Morons .
Modeling is about physical beauty . Physical beauty is never the ticket to happiness or confidence . As for the glossy , perfect images ? No beauty product in existence works better than Photoshop !

Hair extension - teeth being straighten - waist has been thinned - 'digital breast implant' - erasing pimple
& wallahhh
A perfect picture .

Beauty is about what's on the outside (style & look) & what's on the inside (the amazing traits that make you 'glow')
To feel truly beautiful , find the balance between inner & outer beauty .


Remember , it is okay not to have the perfect body . Tyra Banks was once fat too !

1. Never blame your body for the bad day that you are having .

2. Stop joining in when your friends compare and trash their own bodies .

3. Quit judging a person solely by how his/her body looks .

4. Notice all the amazing things your body is doing for you every moment you walk , talk , think , breathe .

5. Remind yourself that what you see isn't always what you get on TV * in ads - it takes a lot of airbrushing , dieting , money & work to look like that .

6. Respect your body by feeding it well , working up a sweat when it needs it , & knowing when to give it a break .

7. Know that you are already beautiful just the way you are .

& you'll be fine my darlings !

This entry is not to stop you from living your dreams , if you wanna go for modeling , I'll say go for it (only if you are brave enough to face it) . This entry is for you to feel better about yourself .

PS : Basically this entry is full with Tyra's photos . What to do , I just love her !

2 comments: